Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gray and windy day downeast


My first blog entry, new to the blogging world! I am an artist living in the easternmost town of the United States, in the small fishing village of Lubec, Maine, with my poet/philospher husband Chris Crittenden, and our two felines Bello and Barley. We are surrounded by unfettered natural beauty - spruce, birch, and cedar forest bordered by various Cobscook Bays. Any given day we might find a bear, deer, pileated woodpecker, or porcupine in our backyard. The stars and northern lights are amazing to witness in a sky illuminated only by the moon.

I'll try to keep up with this blog once a week, posting my current works in clay and fiber or other artistic endeavors that are associated with my barn studio "Cobscook Pottery."

No comments: